I use this cleaning solution everyday and I love it. The vinegar kills bacteria, hyssop herb and tea tree oil are effective disinfectants and the lemon oil freshens up. I use this solution to clean everything from my kitchen, bathroom and even baby toys. I love that this solution not only cuts grease and dirt like crazy, but it also doesn’t have any toxic chemicals that would be harmful if my 15 month old ingests it (and babies will put EVERYTHING in their mouths). Most importantly, there aren’t any icky chemicals in it like some store bought cleaners do. I hope you enjoy this recipe! Here it is-
You will need:
- Empty spray bottle
- Large empty fillable tea bags (can purchase at most health food stores)
- Lemon essential oil
- Tea tree oil
- White distilled vinegar
- *optional* Essential oil with fragrance of choice
- Fill a tea bag with 1/2 cup of hyssop herb.
- Boil 3 cups of water in a small saucepan.
- Placed the hyssop tea bag in the boiling water for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, turn off heat and let it sit for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Remove tea bag, dump liquid into spray bottle.
- Put in 1/2 cup of vinegar into spray bottle.
- Pour in 1 tablespoon of Tree oil and 1/2 tablespoon lemon oil along with the optional essential oil with fragrance of choice. I personally like grapefruit oil- it adds a refreshing cheeriness to the scent.
- Fill the rest of what is left in the spray bottle with purified water.
- Shake the spray bottle to mix the ingredients.
To me, cleaning the home is symbolic to cleaning up everything in body, mind and soul that is disorganized and needs a good reboot. Along with enjoying my tribe and sipping champagne- it is one of my most important New Years traditions. What are your New Years traditions? Comment below!